The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fancy guppies and a bristlenose going in there as well as two platies. I would like to get cories or loaches, not sure what type, but they're pretty chill fish, right? I would like some kind of shoaling/schooling fish, but am worried about fin nippers with the guppies.

What's your thoughts? Especially on the Cory vs. loaches thing. :D

-Empress Akitla

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I love cories. I'd go with a school of pygmy corys. My emerald corys always stayed close to each other and sort of grouped up. They didn't all school up, but they were hardly ever alone in my tank.

They are definitely 'chill' and won't harass other fish. If anything, they get bullied at feeding time. Make sure you attempt to feed them directly since most fish I've seen are more aggressive eaters.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm a cory fan over loaches (can't get around the snake-like shape). There are so many cory species you'd just want to research and see what strikes your fancy. I have sterbai in one tank, schwartzi in another and duplicareus in a third.

For schooling fish, a large school of rummy nose tetras would looked great. They stay closer to the bottom 3rd of the tank and wouldn't present any danger of fin nipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.