The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good people,

So I made a mistake. I tried to be cheap, and now I am paying for it. I bought me an AQUATEK CO2 Regulator with Integrated Cool Touch Solenoid. Now, its acting up.
I noticed that when I put on a brand new cylinder, it works fine. But, in about 3 weeks or so, the timer doesnt shut it off. I tried to disconnect it from power outlet, and CO2 was still coming through. The only way I can turn off CO2 is by turning the needle valve. Also, I notice that the dial that shows how much CO2 is in the cylinder, it fluctuates. It goes up and down continuously. The cylinder isnt empty. There are still tons of gas in it.
So now, I have to manually turn on my CO2 and off; which is not a solution for a long run.
And thats why I am trying to communicate with Aquatek but since it was bought in 2018, I dont really have much expectation. So what is a good solenoid that you guys recommend?
I was recommended GLA regulator, which I am looking into. How is CO2 ART? I was looking at CO2 Art PRO-SE Series Aquarium CO2 Dual Stage Regulator. I dont mind paying for extra if it guarantees me that it will work without any hassle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.