The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 29 gal, 2x65w compact florescent with Co2, I'm currently out of scheme potassium and phosphate, i heard many great things about using dry and wanted to know what dry nutrients could i use along with the huge 2L bottle of Flourish i have in the fridge, the most demanding plant is HC Babytears and Eriocaulon amanoanum, ordering from aquariumfertilizer.

Much appreciated.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I have a 29 gal, 2x65w compact florescent with Co2, I'm currently out of scheme potassium and phosphate, i heard many great things about using dry and wanted to know what dry nutrients could i use along with the huge 2L bottle of Flourish i have in the fridge, the most demanding plant is HC Babytears and Eriocaulon amanoanum, ordering from aquariumfertilizer.

Much appreciated.
You need K2SO4 (potassium sulfate) for potassium and KH2PO4 (monopotassium phosphate) for phosphate. You should also get some KNO3 (potassium nitrate) too for nitrate. You'll use ~ 4 times more KNO3 as KH2PO4 and K2SO4 too.

Your 2L of Flourish (comprehensive) is fine. 5 mL of Flourish = 1/16 tsp of CSM+B.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yup thats about all you need to know ferts wise you can adjust as needed, but Left C gave you all the info needed to get started

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
You may want to get some GH Booster or Seachem's Equilibrium if your GH is low.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know this thread is a little old, but I am wondering. I am currently using Seachem ferts and would like to transition to dry ferts due to the price difference. I am currently dosing Seachem nitrates, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and flourish.. I'm using epsom salt for magnesium.

Using the chart below or this sticky: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/fertilizers-water-parameters/21944-_dosing-regimes_.html

How long would 1 lb of each dry fert last me? 1/2 lb of iron chelate?

You need K2SO4 (potassium sulfate) for potassium and KH2PO4 (monopotassium phosphate) for phosphate. You should also get some KNO3 (potassium nitrate) too for nitrate. You'll use ~ 4 times more KNO3 as KH2PO4 and K2SO4 too.

Your 2L of Flourish (comprehensive) is fine. 5 mL of Flourish = 1/16 tsp of CSM+B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts