The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to come up with a plan for a 5-10 gal planted tank. Which are popular and reputable web-based fish stores? Looking for ones with good product descriptions. This will help me price and plan. Can you purchase plants and fish over the web?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have bought stuff from amazon, big als, and aquariumplants.com. Usually find the best prices on amazon. For plants, I now think that the classifieds on this forum are the best place and probably won't order much from plant websites anymore. For livestock, I have bought shrimp from aquabid and msjinkzd and been happy both times.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Agree with Bushkill. Amazon usually has good prices and a large selection but I often find that Ken's prices are better. I've also used Big Al's.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
hardware/equipment:amazon, marinedepot
plants:plantedaquariumscentral and a few pt members (some are bad..)
fish: aquabid but varied with each seller, only bought shrimp from pt members no fish yet
ebay can have all 3 things but I've only bought filter media, planting/feeding tongs, and curved plant cutting scissors from there.
Amazon also caries some live plants, but from reading customer reviews it seems a little hit and miss, never tried myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just set up my first tank in 25 years, buying almost everything online. I have used amazon, Dr forester and smith and truaqua.com. All three had great prices and offered some form of free shipping (amazon with orders of $25, Dr forester and smith at $50, and truaqua varried by product.). All had really good product descriptions. I have ordered shrimp on aquabid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.