The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Surrounded by Blyxa
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2028 keeps having less and less flow. I have done everything I know of to try and improve it with no luck so far. Can anyone recommend a replacement for this size tank? I would prefer to overfilter as opposed to underfiltering as I have an inline CO2 reactor and an inline heater. Output and input are lily pipes. I need 17mm tubing capability.

·
Registered
241 Posts
fluval g3
I had *TONS* of flow issues with my G series in my planted tank.
Search "Fluval G Stay Away"

I have had ZERO issues with my Eheim 2217 canisters.
Buy a filter that works with your tank, not a filter that fits your tubs.

I am sure you can sell those for a decent return and get the right size tubes.

-R

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Eheim 2075 ~$200 on-line

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I have a renastar xp3 on my 60-p and I had to put a ball valve to reduce flow. The XP3 has both 17mmm in/outtakes. And had the cal aqua lily pipes on it. Now I have borneowild SS jet pipes and had to turn it down even more haha.

And the eheim 2217 on my 20L which is very nice but the it does have miss match sizes 13 outtake and 16mm intake.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where can I find for 200? Checked amazon and it's 290 plus almost every review there says it leaks from the top due to a design flaw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Get the classic style, it is so much better. Look at filter volume/canister volume/efficiency.

All arrows point to the classic series, they are work horses and will run forever.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
The 2 2075's are driving a 120-P, the 2026 on the right is driving a 60-P with Hydor in-line heater and an UpAqua atomizer, the outflow is DoAqaua lilly pipe connected via 3/4" to 1/2" reducer barb. So, the 2028 better work also :)

·
Surrounded by Blyxa
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made a video of my 2028 at maximum flow during a water change to give a feel of what I am seeing. Who knows, this may be normal flow and I am just needing to upgrade to a beefier filter. The flow looks pretty good when the water level is town. It's not very substantial with the water level full.

http://youtu.be/FpD_r5ulrzw

·
Registered
241 Posts
I doubt that is normal. I can't speak from experience with anything but the classic series. I know my Eheim 2217's push out MUCH more flow than that. What is your pump rated at?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts