The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought an Atomic ozone reactor that delivers pretty big bubbles into it via a 3,000 liter/hour (about 800 gph) pump I bought. Ozone is injected via venturi.

I am not satisfied and feel like I am wasting most of my ozone. I'm looking for recommendations for a quality needle-wheel pump that will not be broken down by ozone use. I'd like to feed ozone into it and plug up the venturi outlet all together.

In freshwater bubbles will always be bigger than saltwater, but the size I'm getting, to me, is not acceptable (We are talking marble-sized if not larger that shoot up to the top and are not caught by the bioballs in the reactor at all...) and I've spend enough dough on ozone equipment, and limited by vertical height, so I'm stuck with this reactor. I wanted a reef octopus, but it would not fit under my stand. But that's a tangent.

I need something around 800-1000 gph to properly run the reactor. I hooked a Vectra m1 up to it for fun and it make GREAT small bubbles with it's centrifugal impeller, but that's my main return pump and buying another one at that price for a reactor is kind of crazy.

I'd like to keep it under $200 if possible. A needle wheel pump with a mazzei injector on the intake just might be ideal. I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions!

This is the reactor I am talking about using the needle wheel pump with if it matters. http://www.atomic-reactor.co.uk/product/ozone-reactor-600-2000-lt/

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No ideas?

My ORP is sloooowly climbing about ten points daily. Almost 290 at this point. I'd like it to be 375-400. The only way I can think of doing that is with smaller bubbles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.