The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been active in the online plant forums for a long time and I have to say that I like hanging out here at TPT the best. I enjoy the other forums I visit as well and they all do a fantastic job of aiding the hobby. However, as a community you all are very supportive of beginners and the average gardener who are the heart and soul of this hobby.

The longer I keep planted aquaria the deeper I fall into the "If it makes you happy, keep it that way." philosophy. Talking about the details of aquascaping and the minutae of aquatic gardening is fun, but at the end of the day the folks here at TPT are the ones who really inspire me. Your attitude is awesome and I feel very welcome here simply because I like planted tanks and nothing else.

Keep it up everyone! Thank you for being an awesome community of awesome people.

Regards,
Phil

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
And you, my friend, are the very one that lit a spark in me back in the old Fintastic days.

I thank you.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man, tell your bank account that I'm soooo sorry! I'm having a hard time putting your user name together with a face/name. Did you work at the store or were you a customer?

Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
161 Posts
The reason why I love this hobby is because it's a channel to express my creativity. I'm actually an accountant so I have a very boring and non creative job. This hobby lets me explore my creative side. Think about it, our tank is a living art. We start with a blank canvas and by adding a few plants here and there, we create a living dynamic pieace of art. Each day the landscape changes, and we shape it and prune it to our liking. I can sit in front my tank and stare at it for hours.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I thought you were a big fan of APC Phil. I think there are people here of all skill levels, but beginners certainly feel welcome here. I think this forum does a really good job of making everyone feel welcome and keeps the peace without passing judgement, looking down on anyone or catering to any clique. There is tolerance here for differing opinions and personalities. The staff works hard and treats everyone with respect and as equals. I think that is why there is 600 people online here at any given moment.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Oh man, tell your bank account that I'm soooo sorry! I'm having a hard time putting your user name together with a face/name. Did you work at the store or were you a customer?

Regards,
Phil
I was a customer. We met a few times about 10 years ago. You showed me some things to do to help the plants grow and pearl. It was neat. Then I saw some of the aquariums that you aquascaped. They were really nice. These were eye opening experiences for me.

When school started back and you couldn't work there any longer, the guys there 'undid' what you had done and everything looked bad again. LOL

I didn't have a computer back then, so you can't put a user name with a face.

Thanks a lot Phil!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought you were a big fan of APC Phil. I think there are people here of all skill levels, but beginners certainly feel welcome here. I think this forum does a really good job of making everyone feel welcome and keeps the peace without passing judgement, looking down on anyone or catering to any clique. There is tolerance here for differing opinions and personalities. The staff works hard and treats everyone with respect and as equals. I think that is why there is 600 people online here at any given moment.

Robert,

I am a big fan of APC, it's got a lot to offer and the folks there are good people too. There's just something about TPT that makes me feel really comfortable and I wanted to express that to everyone. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm not quitting or anything. I was just having an attack of the warm fuzzies and wanted to spread the joy. :)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I was just having an attack of the warm fuzzies and wanted to spread the joy. :)
THAT! Right there! That's what makes this place unique. No one posts things like that on the other forums. It's like this place is just seeping good karma from its pores. There's a genuine sense of friendship and helpfulness here.

:bounce:

(There's a reason why I have over 2000 posts here, and only a couple few dozen at the other ones).

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Oh, and I'm not quitting or anything. I was just having an attack of the warm fuzzies and wanted to spread the joy. :)
This type of post should not be tolerated!
Even if you do quit, you'll be back.:thumbsup:

So...are you coming to the AGA this year or not?

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I am. Are You?

I've also stumbled upon a fantastic research opportunity. I'll tell you more about it when I find out more myself and things get firmed up.

Regards,
Phil

·
Registered
646 Posts
THAT! Right there! That's what makes this place unique. No one posts things like that on the other forums. It's like this place is just seeping good karma from its pores. There's a genuine sense of friendship and helpfulness here.
i completely agree with this. i have only seen a few snide comments- and there is always an apology shortly following haha. im still very new to this hobby but i've never thought twice about asking you guys questions- no matter how stupid :/ i always get great advice and constructive criticism. u guys rock :)

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Yes, I am. Are You?
Yep, I love getting bitten by fire ants, skeeters, ciggers, deer/horse flies, no see ums, eastern diamond back rattle snakes, maybe a gator if lucky........

I've also stumbled upon a fantastic research opportunity. I'll tell you more about it when I find out more myself and things get firmed up.

Regards,
Phil
You have become a full fledged nerd!
Congrats!

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am very impressed with this forum. I am a member on other forums, not related to aquarium's and there are good people there, some really good, but this one is different. I have been reading and reading and reading, but I have not seen one snide comment. The willingness of people here to help out is amazing. I have learned a lot already, but I expect it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ninny-ninny-poo-poo-head????????

ninny-ninny-poo-poo-head!
:icon_frow

Guess I will have to divert one of my aircraft to adjust your attitude there Mr. Edwards:icon_twis.........the only problem is that they only drop bombs......not beer.....:wink::hihi::icon_lol::red_mouth

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
What I like about this forum is that people of all skill levels feel welcome. There are threads on stocking help right next to those about spawning celestial pearl danios.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts