The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys recently i noticed that my plants have been turning yellow especially my cardamine lyrata. My nanjenshen has also been doing that but it only happens to the leaves at the bottom layers of the plant and it seems like its slowly rotting. Java Fern is also slowly turning brown.. i realised there is this whitish film on the surface of the water and i have tried getting rid of it but it always returns. What is happening with my tank? Please help me out here guys..

My temperature is around 28-30, WPG is about 2 with lights turned on about 8 hours a day , No co2 and i occasionally dose excel and flourish.

Ammonia and nitrites are at 0

Attachments

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
More details are needed to help out with ideas on your issues, what are your actual wc, dosing schedules?Type of lighting used, age of the set up etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do about 20-30% water change weekly and i dose excel every 3 days , flourish every week. My set up have been around 6 weeks. I am using t5 lighting which is slightly higher den 2wpg

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Sounds like your lighting is too high and triggering your plants to grow more quickly than they've got nutrients to support. You probably need CO2 on the tank and also need to supply a more balanced fertilizer regimen. Flourish Comprehensive is just micros and some trace- you also need to supply some N-P-K (nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.