The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I've been keeping fish since 2011.....I currently have a 40GB...I have a Black Phanton Tetra that presented yesterday with white feces? Not long, stringy or slimy...more like short pieces like tape worm? What should I do? I have a 10G I can set up as a "hospital tank". Don't have a clue what to medicate with? Watched some Rachel O'Leary videos...she warns against medicating unless you know exactly what you are medicating for! Should I just net him and clove oil him? Help!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
If it's just recent as in a day or two, I would just do a nice big water change and cit back to feeding every other day or even every third day. Try feeding veggies and avoid heavy protein foods.

If it persist even after a week you may need to resort to some medicstion

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies....currently I am feeding Wardley Advanced Nutrition Tropical Fish Flakes (for my Tetras, Pearl Gouramis & Dwarf Cochlid) and Hikari Sinking Wafers for my Leopard Catfish and Siphodon. All my fish seem to be perfectly healthy with great appetites. Although my Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid was presenting a long whitish string of feces tonight? What to do?

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I suppose you could give them a preventative dose of levamisol in case it is internal parasites. It also boosts the immune system.

Just google levamisol fish, you will find a number of sites selling in small quantities.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I do not favor meds until it is really needed and in this case there are several other things beside worms. A change in diet may be a good move as it is not as likely to cause problems as some meds do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.