The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I could pull this off but thought I would share with others. If anyone has any idea on how to achieve this post your ideas or thoughts here!

It looks like a cavern in the ground but you would need a very large substrate level to achieve this. Probably like 6" of substrate surrounding like a plastic circular divider or something.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If I remember correctly the original picture is from a high-tech tank where the HC carpet "achieved liftoff" and detached from the substrate.
For achieving a 'cave' look you might want to consider using some sort of mesh or something and growing plants over it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly the original picture is from a high-tech tank where the HC carpet "achieved liftoff" and detached from the substrate.
For achieving a 'cave' look you might want to consider using some sort of mesh or something and growing plants over it.
Ohhhhh, I see that now haha. Idk to me it still looks like it was grown on some rocks or something that was angled up which gives off the impression of a cavern down below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts