1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this sound like too much?
6 CPD
6 Cherry Shrimp
10 Corydoras Hasbrosus (my substrate is Eco-complete...will this be ok for them? I've read that the substrate doesn't matter as much as water quality but IDK if that's true)
I have one ivory apple snail and a couple baby pond snails currently.
I'm thinking of buying from Frank's Aquarium if I can't find them locally.
Any other fish suggestions? my PH is quite high I think 8.2 so that might have an effect on what fish I can get. My GH is 4 and KH is 7 (not quite sure what that means in terms of soft/hard water..)
thanks.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Habrosus are almost all wild-caught, so I wouldn't stick them in water with a higher pH. Is the tank going to be heavily planted?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have a few more plants to get but so far I have
amazon sword
java moss
crypt wendtii
wisteria
anubias nana
anacharis
moneywort
marimo moss ball

I just need to get stainless steel mesh for the moss to attach it to my driftwood and more crypt wendtii to create grass!

I am pretty unsure about the cories..they are so cute but I don't know if they will thrive in my tank.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO I think I'm going to stick with CPD and RCS for now. Maybe add a betta later on but I'm not sure because I keep my water level pretty high and I don't know if there will be enough room between the lights and top of the water for him to breathe? Dunno.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my CPDs and RCS today! 5 CPD (they were extraordinarily pricey at $7 a pop) and 6 RCS...one of them had eggs that hopefully survived? idk. I'm going to get 5 more CPD on the weekend. They really are smaller than I thought they would be even though I knew they were only an inch lol.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Nice. I would stick with that for now. Your rcs population WILL explode at some point. I started with 10 in my 10 gallon in September and now have close to 100 in there. Gotta start pawning them off soon....And cpd's are cool. I have them in my 29. I too thought they were bigger than what they are. An inch for most things isn't the same inch in the fish world! hahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts