The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to re-plant my tank, and potentially re-do the hardscape based on feedback. I like the hardscape well enough, and can't think of a better way to utilize this particular piece of driftwood given the size of the tank, and I can't get good iwagumi stone around here unfortunately. I liked the java fern for a while until they just grew way too big and took over the whole tank. I'd love to try to make eleocharis belem work for my carpet but I didn't have much luck with it this time, it's been in there for probably 6 months or so and a lot of it spread for a while then seems to have sort of died off a bit.

My questions are...
  • What's the best way to attach driftwood to a stone (some kind of silicone?) for an anchor
  • Should I change up the hardscape or does it look like it's worth keeping for the next replanting?
  • What kinds of plants should I try for this time around?

I'm thinking about trying my hand at HC for the carpet this time around... or looking for some more e.belem. I'm looking for recommendations on something to plant around the base of the driftwood, and something for the background.

The tank is high-tech, 2x24w T5HO, CO2 distributed through inline diffuser, etc. My PH is really low because of incredibly soft water here, but the fish all seem to be perfectly fine with it.

Thanks for any advice you may have!

This is what my tank looked like a few months ago

This is what my tank looks like now

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happened to the Blyxa? That looked good in the midground?
it died off over time for some reason... it was spreading like mad for a while but then I'd start finding it floating with really short roots, not sure what happened to it to be honest. Dunno if the fish would've been picking at it or it just melted or what, possibly the java fern took all it's light? dunno.. I'd definitely consider doing blyxa again though, I liked the look of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.