The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the GLA ATOMIC CO2 DIFFUSER - INLINE now. It works good, but I am still getting the tiny bubbles in the tank. I was thinking of going to a reactor. Was looking at Aqua Medic CO2 Reactor 1000, but from what i was reading it cuts down the flow. What do you guys recommend, and do you any of you use the Aqua Medic?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I used to have an Aquamedic reactor and it did work good even with the reduction in flow but you can make your own cerges reactor for a fraction of the cost and from my experience it works better and easier to service when it's time to clean it. You can search the forum for cerges reactor or the link to my journal has some pictures of the one I built on page 5. It's very simple and cost around $35 for all the parts. There is also a Rex reactor which I have never used but it is also simple and cheap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the AM 1000 but I have it running on a pump instead of inline. Works great. I may one day switch it to inline.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I run a AM 1000. You can do some small mods to it to reduce the impact of flow reduction. They all reduce flow to some point. There is a youtube video about a few things to do to it.

Sent with my Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run a AM 1000. You can do some small mods to it to reduce the impact of flow reduction. They all reduce flow to some point. There is a youtube video about a few things to do to it.

Sent with my Samsung S4 via Tapatalk
Do you still get the micro bubbles in the tank?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yes and no, it all depends on the flow of your filter. I have an inline atomic diffuser that leads into a cerges reactor, and it still produces tiny bubbles that are barely visible. I didn't try to throttle the double taps on my eheim to adjust the flow, that would probably get rid of the tiny bubbles. But I can't see them unless I look very closely, and I'm really happy with my diffusion. I did notice the pH stays lower even when the lights are out, probably because there are bubbles still trapped in the reactor that take time to disolve, but thanks to this I'm using less co2.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Build your own. Plenty of threads on it. Your total cost will be 10 to 15 bucks unless the dollar has sunk like the titanic since the last time I built one.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Build your own. Plenty of threads on it. Your total cost will be 10 to 15 bucks unless the dollar has sunk like the titanic since the last time I built one.
I would go with this also but then I see lots of things being done to the design which run up the cost. There seems to be an almost automatic reaction to think there has to be a better way even if what we are looking at is a proven design that works well. About the first thing you learn about pipe is that the pipe is cheap but the fittings run up the cost quick.
So when I look at the mods people make, I just see dollars flying out the window and then they come back asking why their reactor doesn't work like the original. :confused1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts