The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pressurized Co2 coming into the tank via a small glass difuser.

Problem is, I get a lot of "dust" from my yoyo's and panda cory's kicking up the flourite bottom. So when I have the C02 on a timer, it gets clogged at least once a week from settling dirt. (this is despite a Eheim Cannister, UV filter and HOB for polishing!!)

Thinking about a reactor. something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CO2-REACTOR-500-by-AquaMedic_W0QQitemZ7720507714QQcategoryZ3212QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone have opinions?

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
I am assuming you have your UV mounted inline to your eheim. Consider this instead. Remove the UV and replace it with one of these:

Make your UV portable like this:

Links to more pics are below, PM me if you need bio balls, parts, or help......DC

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gulp, that looks huge for my little 27 gallon, but I'll do some research on it. The UV is via the eheim. Think that's the trouble?

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Gulp, that looks huge for my little 27 gallon, but I'll do some research on it. The UV is via the eheim. Think that's the trouble?
Your UV is not a problem. IMO, it is a waste to run it 24/7 and have it connected inline to a filter. That reactor is pretty much a standard sized DIY reactor, it would work well for your setup and should be a fairly easy swap out with the UV.......DC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.