The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had a tank up for maybe 6 months now, I do like it, but I made some mistakes which have come back to haunt me, I’ll put it in bullet points to save time reading this.

Problems I have:

- chose fast growing stem plants and roots shoot everywhere almost to the point of not being able to contain them

- went for a carpet of DHG and the tank size doesn’t give me enough space to trim efficiently

- have gone off the hardscape completely, went for dragon rock which looks nice but I have plants growing into the rock, a fish or two have also gone in the rock and have never been seen again, I’m sure they’re fine

——————————————————

What I would like to do:

-I would like to have a sanded area rather than carpet

-to still have planted in the background with possibly some very slow growing plants which rarely shoot roots, i know it’s a thing with stemmed plants

- to change the hardscape to possibly wood rather than stone

——————————————————

What I would like to know:

- is there a way to do this without having a second tank, I can get another tank for £30 which is the same, but would rather not

- I plant to use the same water etc if possible as have never had any issue with water parameters

- Basically is it going to be possible to take all live stock out of the tank, keep them somewhere heated etc still, for a few hours whilst I empty the tank, dry it off, rescape, replant, refill & get equipment back in & then add them all back in? Or will it be more of a problem for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shouldn’t be a problem to take all the livestock out into another tank, with filter and heater, rescape and start again. Keep the filter running so your beneficial bacterial don’t die from oxygen starvation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.