The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi scapers :D

I'm here looking for some tips on how to better adjust my layout based on the plants and hardscapes that I have.
I am attaching a couple of pictures so that you can get a better idea of my current state.

Appreciate any advice on the relocation of plants/hardscape.

I will be around to respond to any further information you may need.

** Tank is a 1 X 1.25 X 1 feet

Any help to make this tank look better is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that purple plant a Thai waterlily? If so, I'd plant it on the righthand side, as I think it will look better away from the rock structure and further back.
Yes, it's a red tiger lotus.

Really appreciate your response. I will consolidate the inputs given and incorporate this during my re-scape. :)

Thank you so much again.

·
Pelvicachromis Lover!
5,106 Posts
I always think a background helps any scape design. It helps focus on the scape which tends to pop the colors more. It also helps to hide the filter, especially if the background is close in color to the intake and output tubes. Here's a quick photoshop mock-up to see what I mean. Note that the intake tube and sponge are not touched up. They are exactly the same in both pics. A background can help hide even the filter parts that are inside the tank.

I also agree that using plants with smaller leaves will help to visually expand the scape, such as switching the anubias for a variety with smaller leaves.

Attachments

Reactions: Najib

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a great idea, i will try that out.. Thank you so much again ^_^

Bump:
I like the rock layout. I’d switch out the anubias for a smaller leaf type.
Thats a great idea, i will try that out.. Thank you so much again ^_^

Bump:
I always think a background helps any scape design. It helps focus on the scape which tends to pop the colors more. It also helps to hide the filter, especially if the background is close in color to the intake and output tubes. Here's a quick photoshop mock-up to see what I mean. Note that the intake tube and sponge are not touched up. They are exactly the same in both pics. A background can help hide even the filter parts that are inside the tank.

I also agree that using plants with smaller leaves will help to visually expand the scape, such as switching the anubias for a variety with smaller leaves.
Wow, thank you so much for going out of the way to do that.

I get what you mean. I will take in these suggestions and will make sure to upload an image back once the re-scape is done in about a month. Really really appreciate it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’ve always read sloping up the back higher gives the space a perceived depth. I see you have a plant peeping up from behind the large rock. Maybe move that over to right if it’s not going to grow much higher and place stems that will grow tall behind the rock instead. Alternatively, it may be ok if the substrate was higher back there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.