·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Cool. What rocks are you using?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, it'll feel like an eternity for those buces to fill up. The substrate mix make it a bit hard to see all the details right now. But after the plants fill in, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!

yea, i'm kind of regretting the mix, and yes it's going to take forever to fill in!!! That's going to be a true patience test for me!

Bump:
Man, it'll feel like an eternity for those buces to fill up. The substrate mix make it a bit hard to see all the details right now. But after the plants fill in, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!
I love australe killis. Good choice. Definitely need a top though.

yea, i'm not sure i'm willing to do it....I may move them into the big tank and see how they do in that.

These where a whim buy. Poor girl, has just been laying on the floor for two days. She'll move....but not much.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Just grow a nice green carpet and I'm sure it will look 100 times better.
Remember not to bury the Buce's rhizomes, just like you wouldn't with Anubias or Java Fern. Burying the roots to anchor it, is fine.

Is that Blood Vomit? Pretty sure that will die without high light, ferts and co2.
The big black rock on the left looks too unnatural. The color of it can be worked with or as algae and biofilm builds up on it, it will blend in better, but just the angling of it, just makes it look too unnatural. Just my opinion though, and I am by no means a skilled aquascaper, not even close haha.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been growing buces fine in substrate (seems anyone who tries does as well).

And yes that's blood vomit (this is a high light, co2'd, and ferted tank)

I plan on having my buces eventually being the carpet :)

May do some dwarf mc but probably not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The more I grow Buces, the more I really dig them. Such a unique plant, and the colors are awesome. Blues and reds are coming through. Just wish it grew much faster ;)

Still got a lot of learning to do on how to grow it. This [censored][censored][censored][censored] gets crazy gsa in my big tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts