1 Malaysian Trumpet Snail

Flora

- Java Fern
- Micro Swords
- Morimo Moss

Notes

- Anacharis melted from Excel dosing.
- Java moss melted from high lighting.
- Substrate has been changed to a soil Flourite mixture.
- Rearranged plants and hard-scape.

* I will update weekly

·
Registered
813 Posts
Cool! I've been thinking about 1 of these little tanks for a new betta and ditching the other 8 [5 year old] betta tanks all together.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I looks really good for a 1g, but I am not a big fan of the subtrate. For better plant growth, you could see if someone has some free Flourite of Amazonia. Its your aquarium though, so if you like, keep it! Also, what type of lighting and filter, if any do you use?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, accidentally mixed red flourite with stupid big gravel...

I'm going to get 25 pounds of black flourite sand for a new ten gallon and I'll put the extra in here...

I use a tetra whisper filter (its really bad) and I hope to change it soon with a new submersible to help carbon holding...

Lighting is an incandescent light 60 watt, however, I'm changing to a 14 Watt fluorescent cause the light is too harsh for my mosses.

I'm also using a hydor submersible heater under the substrate and I can't wait to do some more aquascaping when my dwarf baby tears come in...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Looks like you know what your doin! I also have a Tetra Whisper filter and I hear yah, they are not good at all!

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
I really like the placement of the driftwood in there. It gives this tank a much larger feel than 1.5 gallons. And who doesn't love marimos? Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WoW! A mod gave me a compliment! I'm so happy!

My tank is still going through the nitrate cycle because this stupid filter didn't have any sponge media, so I had to add my own.

·
Registered
646 Posts
hmm.. this kinda makes me want to do something with my 1.5 gallon that's just sitting dry w/ flourite. haha.
looks like a great start, i think you'll like it much better when you get the substrate switched out

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to keep this substrate for a while...

I don't have the money right now to buy Flourite...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts