The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you keep red cherry shrimp with a betta neons glowlights and ghost shrimp? The tank is 29g. Will they try to breed with the ghost shrimp? I guess that i could get more ghost shrimp but you can't really see them unless you look good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is really going to depend on the betta as far as a tankmate is concerned. I have a blue crowntail in with my blue pearl shrimp and he pretty much leaves them alone. It is an old style Edge tank absolutely full of mosses & plants, so there are plenty of place for the shrimp to hide...and lots of microfilm for them to graze on. You will lose some shrimp for sure from any fish if there isn't a ton of cover for them. If fish can't eat them, they may harass them to the point of stressing them to death. I have shrimp in all of my community tanks, but the population is nowhere near as high as in a shrimp only tank. No, the ghost shrimp will not breed with the RCS. If you can find some najas grass and let it get thick (it is a floater), the shrimp will have much more room to hide...and they seem to do very well with that plant in a tank. My najas grass is always full of shrimp grazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts