The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed my first RCS babies a couple days ago (YAY!:bounce: ) and today am noticing that there are two sizes of babies in my tank. The larger ones are almost/about 3/8" long and the smaller are half that. Is this two different hatches (maybe I had another one last night?)? Or two sizes from the same hatch? If from the same hatch, are the smaller ones the males and larger the females, or just happenstance?

·
Registered
180 Posts
i would think that they are from different batches. But does it matter ? At the rate of prolific breeding that they are "famous for"; you will probably have too many babies soon to even take notice of this.... :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, doesn't matter a bit. But I'm just one of those geeks that likes to know this stuff.:hihi:

And you're right about soon having too many to take notice of things like this. A day or two before I saw my first babies, I counted FOURTEEN berried females (out of fifty or so total shrimp)! I had to count them three times to make sure I wasn't miscounting.:icon_eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.