The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there's a bunch of threads about this but I was wondering will my RCS be able to produce young and survive with my rummy nose tetras, it's a 10 gallon heavily planted with 6 cherries and 2 ghost shrimp, I know that if it can fit in their mouth they will eat it but my rummies have hard time even eating 1mm pellets(I feed them flakes now) I know some babies might get eaten but will I have enough survive that I can slowly build up a colony??

·
Planted Tank Nation
889 Posts
I think you might get some offspring, but rummynose are a decent size full grown, and a 10 gallon is kind of small for them. Ultimately you might want to find a different schooler for the tank IMO

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Not necessarily. They may try. Breeding has lots to do with other factors as well. One part is being safe, and they may not feel safe.

Water quality, amount of shrimp and foods all also influence shrimp reproduction.

Densely planted is considered to be planted so you can't see through one pane of glass to another side.

Also ghost shrimp don't really mix well with fish/neos.

If you get babies I'll be shocked.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea thanks for correcting me,looks like just a moderate planted tank now that i know. if i cant get them to Multiply i could bring back the rummies and have an Invert tank :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The only way I've ever had success was to have a good amount of moss and caves and constantly add to the RCS in the tank from an RCS only tank. Eventually the few babies that survived along with the constant influx of new adult shrimp landed me a colony of close to 200 in a 75g. At the time the only Predatory fish in the tank were a couple of Pinoy Angels. As soon as i added a school of Serpae Tetras my RCS colony was decimated overnight. I'm now trying to do the same thing with a 46g.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input but i think i might have a chance with the rummy nose tetra because they have been in the tank with the RCS for a couple days and still no casualties and the RCS seem to be out and about while being quite young at half an inch or so

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
Not to be rude, but it seems you already had an answer to your question, and you won't be listening to other valid points.

I hope your shrimp breed, but if you don't have an open mind, you shouldn't seek advice.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha my bad:hihi: ill try to be open minded next time i make a thread. Sometimes my mind gets really set on things and i have a hard time taking other peoples view on things. thanks for all the help,and man its awesome how fast people reply on this forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.