The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to feed my RCS 2 separated pieces of a Hikari Algae Wafer, they all came running towards the 2 pieces.. but the weird thing was that they split off into 2 different groups..

And if I'm right about sexing Shrimp.. the clear small ones that aren't really colour defined are the males and the big red colour defined ones are the females.

My question is if this is just a coincidence or do shrimp split off male / female sides when feeding. Is this their behaviour or was this coincidence.

Either way I thought it was cute + cool. They are like 2 different families dining at a different table lol.

Females?:

Males?:

Overview:

Anyways, I'm going to try do this again and see if it happens once more. Trying to keep a feeding schedule of every 3-4 days.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Haha I love that last picture with both of the groups framed in the shot. It certainly looks like you have a group of females and a group of males. Another way to tell if a RCS is a male is by looking at its tail. The females tail is wider due to their development to house the eggs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.