The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have like 30 RCS in my MINI-M but they are not growing, the biggest shrimp is not longer than 1/2", its been like this almost two months. Their parents were all about an inch when brought to the tank and they were moved out to other tanks.

I don't feed my shrimp except for the occasional blanched green pea, but now that I noticed they were not grown I started feeding veggie sticks with calcium and also ordered some Mosura food.

Do you guys think the lack of food could be the reason they are not growing, something in the water or it could be a rescape that I did a couple of weeks ago??

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Half inch, 3/4 of an inch, they don't get much bigger than than. It is possible that you have males only. Females are normally a bit bigger, but not more than 3/4 inches.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said, they are smaller than half an inch and they some of them are showng very intense red color.

I think they are "stun" but what could be the reason unless they grow really slow.
How do they take to reach their full size???

·
Registered
167 Posts
maybe you should do more water changes...and check your nitrate level

·
Registered
39 Posts
Most of my adult RCS are around an inch.
Add some Mosura Excel to your feeding rotation.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.