The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had bought 20-30 rcs at spring auction this year and just within the last week they have all just about disappeared except for 3-4. Do they climb out of tanks? I looked in the fluval filter and none in there.:icon_frow Really really liked them. I could not find any remains on the floor any where under chairs behind tank. I dunno very very sad:frown:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Had bought 20-30 rcs at spring auction this year and just within the last week they have all just about disappeared except for 3-4. Do they climb out of tanks? I looked in the fluval filter and none in there.:icon_frow Really really liked them. I could not find any remains on the floor any where under chairs behind tank. I dunno very very sad:frown:
got any fish in there?, if so what kind?

·
Banned
107 Posts
I've never seen RCS jump/swim/crawl out of a tank before. Fish probably ate them alive or scavengers may have ate them as they died. I've had 2 RCS deaths that I witnessed in my tanks so far and between my Assassin Snails, other shrimp (RCS) etc they are disposed of within minutes. If you have no other live stock, then I'm not sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i've found one rcs dried up next to my tank, idk how he did it...maybe i filled the water too high?

but ya if you're not finding bodies, and at that number my guess would be their tankmates ate them up

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
How are your water parameters? Can you post pictures of the tank? I all but gave up on mine, but once I added a better scape and got the tank more balanced, and sponge filter they are doing great!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10 cardinal tetra and 3 cory cats. only fish in there. Its a 150 gallon tank so its not like it crowded in there. 4 wisteria plants almost reach top of tank ( 28" ) red ludwig plant, java fern 2, crypts 6, jungle val 2, and 3 other plants not sure what they are. Three pieces of drift wood.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I went through about that many RCS with emerald corys in the tank and a couple of other small fish. I've seen corys eating shrimp and the whole little pack of them goes hunting.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I've had the shrimp jump out when the filter went out and the ammonia shot up.
Check the Aqvisor for compatibility on the Cardinals. "They say" that Neon's ARE compatible.
BTW almost forgot...they can/will hide very well if they feel threatened.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.