The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people mention using Flourish and Flourish Excel(?) for plants. The bottle that I looked at lastnight (Seachem's Flourish) contains .0001% copper. Will this be ok for my shrimp? or should I get another type of fert (Petsmart did not have Excel). I have not found (locally) any ferts that don't contain copper. Is this small amount ok for shrimp?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Fluorish Comprehensive is fine with shrimp. Some of the hardcore shrimpkeepers will disagree with me and say it will kill shrimp, but this is not true.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was so worried that it would hurt the shrimp, I forgot to search the forum first. I wanted to take this time to appoligize for this.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.....I have dosed 2x the normal amount of flourish then I switch to gregwatson's and dosed 2x the rec EI amount and never had a problem with my RCS,CRS,Tigers,Amanos,Sp.Blue

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think that depends on the size of your tank and the amount of plants in it and if it was CO2 injection or not.
A 5G tanks with a few plants and none CO2, with a 2X dose of Excell will definately do some damage to your shrimps. Especially your baby shrimps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.