The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Maybe a screen divider. But I think the newly hatched shrimp could get through those plastic dividers. I have shrimp and a couple live-bearers in my overstocked jungle of a 90g. In 6 months time the platys have had 6 offspring survive (6 more than I want) and even fewer shrimp (that I know of).

SteveU

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I agree that the adult guppies would probably eat a lot of the baby shrimp, but they do tend to leave their own offspring alone, otherwise, people wouldn't end up over run with guppies and they wouldn't have the nickname "millions fish" ;)

However, i would suggest that if you are intentionally trying to breed the guppies you get a few extra 10g fry growout tanks, or you use one much larger tank because it is my experience that the fry will grow VERY slowly when all crammed into a 10g as compared to a few fry in a 10g. I had my breeding project set up in a 10g and the fry grew certainly, but then I brought in 6 fry and 2 adult male guppies for my 10g work tank and i couldn't believe how much faster the fry grew when they had that much more space. Just FYI for what it's worth :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.