The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
You need a scape before it can get rated.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
You should create a poll. ;)

I like scape #3 out of all of them. The wood and rock look very harmonized, with neither one stealing the spotlight from the other.

Scape #1 also has potential, but the rock pile looks odd and there's no main focal point to draw my eye to. I'm left wandering around searching for something to stare at. :hihi:

As for scape #2 and and #4, they aren't bad, but Iwagumis can get dull after a while. (For me anyways) Plus, why waste such good looking driftwoods?

·
Registered
199 Posts
If your just looking for a place to start, I don't like any of the ones you have. I don't like the use of driftwood covering the rocks in 3 and the whole thing looks to centered and boring.

I would go more with your first idea. Get the driftwood off center and create some height but the height should not be toward the center of the rest of the driftwood. You have to do more with the rocks than put them in a pile though. They should form a visual path that connects with the driftwood.

What makes it so hard to comment is that plant placement can change the whole thing, thats why I don't think there is really a scape yet to really comment on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.