The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
As a fish tank, it's not offensive and shows off the fish. 5/10

As an aquascape, it's poor. 3/10
There is a large open space on the left side between the two pieces that should be filled in with something that has height, either plants or a large rock. The right side wood should be angled, the tip close to the right front corner. This creates a larger open space in the middle and helps add depth. Substrate line needs to be perfectly straight.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the yellowing and green plant on the right are the same plant actually. I just got them and that is how it came. I think that one was not getting a lot of light.

As far as a black background would you suggest paint or paper. I would prefer paper as that is not permanant.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
is that flake food in the last photo? i don't know you're stock, but it'll be safer to crumble the flakes and add them slower to avoid food being missed and decomposing in the tank. other than that i like the new scape! letting it grow out is part of the fun of tanks :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is that flake food in the last photo? i don't know you're stock, but it'll be safer to crumble the flakes and add them slower to avoid food being missed and decomposing in the tank. other than that i like the new scape! letting it grow out is part of the fun of tanks :)
I was originally doing that but my other fish would eat most/all of it before it got to the bottom. So my cory's were not getting any thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.