The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Iv'e had this little tank for a while now and came home with a couple of pea puffers. The tank currently has three mollies (will be moved soon to my vivarium) a red claw crab and a Chinese Algae Eater. oh and a mystery snail. From what I understand the mollies can adapt to minimal brackish water and the pea puffers and the crab will all do better in brackish. (thinking around 1/6 ocean salinity). I am assuming the snail will have to go and im not sure about the algae eater. My other question is the plants. They wont handle the salinity increase at all? what plants do well in these conditions? Would the puffers be ok until they grow out in fresh water? Any help is appreciated ya'll!

Pictures in a few...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Plants will always prefer freshwater to brackish water. That being said, some of the hardier species will be able to adapt and survive in these brackish conditions. Anubia's, java fern, java moss, Pygmy Chain Sword, Cryptocoryne ciliata, Bacopa monnieri are a few

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.