The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rasboras

1285 5
Will different breeds of rasboras school together?

I was looking at galaxy rasboras, emerald dwarf rasboras, and possibly others.

Any information is appreciated, thank you.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
My guess is they would get along well but don’t believe they would necessarily school together. I have 5 regular harlequins and 2 black harlequins. They do more fighting/ nipping each other than schooling but are the same type and it’s a 10 gallon tank. Would think tank size and other inhabitants would play a role in the behavior as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
218 Posts
As far as I know emerald dwarf rasboras and galaxy rasboras should not be together because they crossbreed. I've had chili rasbora school with exclamation point rasbora. Also ember tetras have school with many micro rasboras I've had

· Registered
52 Posts
Not sure if the two fish will school but i have galaxy rasboras and they are extremely shy, hide 90% of the time and only come out for food.

I’ve kept CPDs/Galaxy Rasboras many times and I find that if you keep some dither fish with them, they won’t be as skittish. Nano rainbows, minnows, and other nano fish that aren’t scared of humans will help CPDs come out of the shadows. Especially if your dither fish like to swim towards the top of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.