The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 50 gallon aquarium tank with 3 sterbas cory catfish 9 red reasboras and 9 green rasboras (I believe they are both harlequin family)
I would like to add 9 more rasboras in a different color possibly yellow/gold. (I have seen them in pictures) I have tried several aquarium supplier but no one seems to be able to confirm that I would actually get my color when ordering the rasboras. Are the harlequin rasboras only one color?
I am a bit confused. Any information would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Green rasboras sound like microdevario kubotai
Red rasboras... could be either chili rasboras or red harlequin rasboras.
If you are looking for another in a different tone, check out purple harlequin rasboras, or maybe boraras urophthalmoides.

I do suggest upping your sterbai corydoras to at least 6 though for them to be more happy. More even better.

Harlequin rasboras come in a couple colour mutations. Normal, red, and purple (black) being some of them.

Could get glowlight rasboras as well, they look similar but slightly smaller and have a smaller black mark than the harlies do.

My own purple harlies. Theyre a nice looking colour morph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
we could not get 3 more sterbai. we are now waiting for 3 julii catfish anytime.
we are also having a problem getting the purple rasboras harlequin. Our local supplier calls them black: are they the same? We saw some beautiful gold/ yellow rasboras online. Somehow our local places are not familiar with these.
It has been frustrating trying to get different color rasboras: we are confused because apparently there is quite a selection online.
Any suggestion is appreciated

·
Registered
508 Posts
aquahuna frequently have sterbai at a resonable price and shipping is a flat $12. they come and go so you have to check - they also sell some different types of rasbora; again inventory frequently changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts