The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what the rarest/most sought after plants are. What's currently the Ferraris of the planted tank world. I remember plant like Anubias white and echinodorus iguacu were really rare, maybe still are. Anyways what is currently a "high-ticket" plant?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Syngonanthus, Eriocaulon, and varieties of Buce seem to be the most rarer plants in the wide scheme.
There are also readily available plants that are very hard to grow submerged.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I'm wondering what the rarest/most sought after plants are. What's currently the Ferraris of the planted tank world. I remember plant like Anubias white and echinodorus iguacu were really rare, maybe still are. Anyways what is currently a "high-ticket" plant?
Hi eparreno,

It is usually the plant I am looking for but can't find....lol.

Actually Tom Barr brought some of the more rare species to the February meeting when he spoke. He placed several rare species in the Monthly Auction such as: Iguazia 2009 sword, Erio Blood Vomit, Erio sieboldania, Red Erio Equir Guandar, and Aldravanda vesicula. I know you are in college so I guess you are trying to supplement your food allowance and get off the Ramen 3X a day diet?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
stop talking and just show him a S grade! One of the rarest plants in the world.
No such thing as a S grade to me, I don't follow Japan physic law.s

Bump:
stop talking and just show him a S grade! One of the rarest plants in the world.
Why don't you show MG, king of erios?:surprise:

Bump:
When you see a question and thread like this you gotta think OP knows nothing nor will ever get to where we're at...Just the facts:grin2:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its funny how the original poster is no where to be found.

Heres a few pics of some rares. Just a taste.

*******Eriocaulon Ben Ba Wa. SUPER RARE. I might be the ONLY person in the US with this right now. This looks like a Larger version of Eriocaulon Ratnigiricum. This NEVER MAKES SEEDS and DIES, like most other Eriocaulon. My favorite Eriocaulon by far and the most desired...

*******Here is Eriocaulon Ratnigiricum. Very Small Erio. Beautiful.

*******Here is a group of Syngonanthus Giant. (((((StrungOut))))) was the one to first possess this plant in the US. A few claims they had this plant, but its because of StrungOut and his efforts that we now have this plant circulating in the US! Thank You for this SPECIAL UNIQUE PLANT! One of my favs...... Second pic is a Seeding Giant. Very rare to see.

*******Here is a picture of the REAL DEAL KING OF ERIOS, Eriocaulon Mato Grasso. A few years back, someone was passing around Mato Grasso but it wasnt real. This is straight from Asia and will grow into a big ball! It gets pretty big! The group pic if Mato Grassos that are still young.

*******Here are a few pics of Buce Moss! Super Rare and expensive.

*******Here is Eriocaulon Kirishima. Beautiful, but unfortunately, like most other Erios, these will make seeds and die sooner or later.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I see what you did there....Okay time to change direction
while i cannot beat your rarities, here are a few of mine

We can definitely school OP if we want or if he wants, not sure how into or determined he is....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Syngonanthus Uaupes is like no other. S GRADE. One of the hardest plants to grow. Very beautiful if you can grow it.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Beat this. (HC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should take ur HC and break it up from those large clumps into mini clumps, maybe only a few strands each clump, and plant it more spread out. Itll fill it much faster. Its more work but worth it. =)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Does an anubias count? (because I haven't spammed the forum enough yet)

Anubias Stardust
I legitimately don't know how many people have this plant. I know @Rare does. Because I sent them one from my own mother plant.

Original mother plant:

Anubias Pinto & Stardust.
Pinto is more common, but absolutely deserves a place with Stardust. In my tank.

·
Planted Tanker
5,943 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts