The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 5 Echinodorus 'Red Devil' mother swords for $8 each (price drop). Each mother plant is 9" to 10" tall.

Also two 5" to 6" daughter plants for $4.50 each.

I have also have Meat Wafers with Spirulina for $3 for 1/2 lb and $5 for 1 lb. The meat wafer is great for bottom feeders and inverts. I feed all my plecos and inverts with them and they love it.

Shipping is USPS Priority for $5.

·
Registered
518 Posts
To what maximum height would grow 'Red devil' in a large tank(180)?

After throwing out three different Echinodoruses in the last three month I'm sort of tired pulling out plants over three feet long and shading everything around...

·
Registered
242 Posts
PM sent for Red Devils

·
Registered
203 Posts
To what maximum height would grow 'Red devil' in a large tank(180)?

After throwing out three different Echinodoruses in the last three month I'm sort of tired pulling out plants over three feet long and shading everything around...
They can grow to become one of the largest swords you'll ever see. I recommend getting them though because they are really beautiful in a tank. If I hadn't gotten two recently I'd be interested in buying these.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The size of it...

They can grow to become one of the largest swords you'll ever see. I recommend getting them though because they are really beautiful in a tank. If I hadn't gotten two recently I'd be interested in buying these.
Look at this post of mine: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/g.../93638-just-how-useful-swordplants-tanks.html

That is why I'm asking about maximum height!!! I was in the same situation before 'Rubin' with 'Ozelot' and 'Marble Queen'. And 'Osiris' was lately chopped to a few leaves, but it will be gone soon too.

'Red melon' does not go up, but the leaves in the rosette hug to the substrate and also take space, so if I'm to plant another Echinodorus, then I have to be sure about its hight and elbowing other plants around. I'm beginning to have problems with some Cryptocorynes, which from a flimsy three leafed plantlets developed big clumps...

Any remowal of big plants from a tank is really a pain, for one has to cut it out from the substrate ( luckily mine doesn't make a mess in such an operation like all those fancy substrates of these 'rich' aquarista paying for their fancy...) with leaving 90% of the root system in to rot, or lift half a tone of it together with all other plants ...

And these plants are not the weeds you can mow at will!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller. If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.