The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't just *another one of those supposedly rare* sale threads. This is indeed a true rarity.

This Erio sp came direct from Au care of mrkookm. I've traded / sold a few stems, but never seen it posted for sale here. Its not a difficult Erio to maintain unlike some of the other sp, but it does get rather large (both width & height) and can break the surface (does not melt) depending on your dosing.

Well here it is - $42 shipped

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tank in the picture is a 20 gal Long with a 3in Substrate depth and the plant broke water line. Some stood straight up others laid of the surface if that makes sense. That type of growth was due to rootabs and something I don't plan on doing again unless I get 120 or bigger tank. It gets big enough as is. It was beautiful to be, but I regretted it later due to real estate loss.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
It's a beautiful Eriocaulon sp great for medium to large aquariums. Does it grow at the same rate as E. parkeri?
Its a tad faster and it pushes up multiple leaves in Erio quick succession. Definitely not stemmie growth speed, but its Erio fast. It will also grow out more leaves before it pushes upward.

What I like about it mostly is that you will enjoy it for much longer until you have to cut it, because it doesn't loose the nice growth because of baby plants, i.e., what really adds to the width.

I wish I had pictures to shows how wow! this plant got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.