The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone that might have checked out my 20g journal knows that I just started my battle with hair/thread algae. I removed my moss rocks last night to clean as much as I could off but then just decided to trim them down to make the ensuing daily cleanings easier.

So I have somewhere between a baseball and softball sized wad of Peacock moss. Its bright green and very healthy moss other than the algae. I was going to chuck it but I can't bring myself to throw it out. I know given an established tank that the moss will bounce back.

So here's the deal:
1 baseball size portion of Peacock Moss including shipping for $5

The moss WILL come with:
hair and/or thread algae
probably some diatoms
may contain snails or snail eggs
copepods/hexapods are likely
may steal your childrens lunch money
will possibly hit on your significant other
probably a random river stone in there too

So whomever is brave enough shoot me a PM and its yours.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm willing to take my chances with your evil moss. I don't have any children for it to steal lunch money from, and my significant other won't be around it for awhile, haha!! I'm a little afraid of it eating my fish tho, hopefully, it dislikes the taste of Endler's!! Sending PM now!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies folks. CJ you are third to pm bro, waiting for responses and I'll let you know.
If those go though I can probably hook you up with a smaller portion of either taiwan or peacock from the 10g hex.

Edit: GONE. Guppy decided to take on the challenge. Darn algae will probably die off in the 2 days it takes a priority box to get there. :p Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.