The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some plants to give away. Some of the plants just need some love, the Needle leaf java fern in particular. Its alive, but just needs a home.

I do have some gorgeous Anubias barteri var. nana ‘Eyes’ that I have been just hording. Its just one of those plants that I really like, but it sitting in a bucket waiting to find a place is just not fair.

SOOOOOO.... its time for me to pay it forward like so many have done for me.

I am offering to ship out some of the anubia and the java fern (and probably whatever else I can put my hands on), FREE OF CHARGE. Yes, I am paying for shipping too!!!

Here is the kicker.....

You must:

Be a member here for at least one month here (membership starting in July would suffice)

Have a minimum of 30 posts (with at least 25 of those outside of the swap and shop)....

AND, the big one... you need to have a tank journal started already.

I always have a soft spot for new people in the hobby. If more than one of you chime in quickly, I will get a package out for both.

Package will probably not ship til next week, but this gives time to see if anyone qualifies.

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
What a fine place with a great group of people this is!

SteveU

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Glenn,
check out my journal in my sig, do you think some anubias would do well in my tank? I'm still looking for some kind of a foreground plant that doesn't mind a little shade when the big stems in the back get too tall.
I would definitely be interested if you have any left. I do think I qualify ;)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone!! I got a winner so far. I am working out some logistics first. I may have some extra, will post back if I do.

I see we have some interest here, so perhaps I can try and divy it up a little here and there.

Regloh:
I do concur that a low shade plant would be more beneficial for you if you were to plant the foreground, however....do you really want to crame plants in the foreground??

FWIW, these anubia are from AaronT's stash. For you new comers, Aaron is certainly well respected in this hobby and has given alot of great direction and incite to this hobby. He is also just a great guy.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thank you so much for the awesome RAOK! This is such an awesome deal that you're doing here, and I think that I'll be doing the same soon with my stem trimmings.

Have a great day!

Charlie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts