The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ton of Trident in need of a little TLC that is up for grabs if anyone wants it. I had an insane amt in one tank when I moved and put it in jars on a window sill with plans to use it. A year later, I think it is time to pass it on.

As you can see, there is more rhizome than leaf, it needs love. But there is plenty if someone wants it.

This is my first RAOK, I wish I could do something fun like judging your pictures, but I don't think there would be enough interest and I would like to get it out quickly.

First PM. Shipping $7.50

·
Registered
502 Posts
Must be because I am on the West coast or something, for 5 am in the morning is way to early for anyone :) These were gone the second they were put up or something :D
You pretty much have to live online if you want a shot at "first PM gets it" ROAK's. I looked at it early this morning and it was already gone.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Must be because I am on the West coast or something, for 5 am in the morning is way to early for anyone :) These were gone the second they were put up or something :D
Yeah, what turningdizzy said.
But I see your location is in Europe. I don't think shipping to there would be practical even if you did happen to claim an RAOK. Just shipping to other countries can get tricky and pricey.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, what turningdizzy said.
But I see your location is in Europe. I don't think shipping to there would be practical even if you did happen to claim an RAOK. Just shipping to other countries can get tricky and pricey.
HAHA. I didn't see the Europe part. I saw West Coast and was thinking California. Your on the West Coast across the water from our East Coast. Probably would have been costly to ship, even if customs would let it in.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am in Washington. :)
Well, now I know. It was your location that was misleading me. Oh well. We were in WA last June. Gonna be there again this June. Nice and green where we were at. While we are on the subject of ferns and I guess I could look it up but I got 3 million things going right now, Trident/Windelov? Any significant difference? I have windelov with quite a few plantlets on the tips. They are currently in a tank with 5 bullfrog tadpoles. The little bit of looking that I have done they look alike to me.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
While we are on the subject of ferns and I guess I could look it up but I got 3 million things going right now, Trident/Windelov? Any significant difference? I have windelov with quite a few plantlets on the tips. They are currently in a tank with 5 bullfrog tadpoles. The little bit of looking that I have done they look alike to me.
They look quite different. Trident, the whole leaf can look like the shape of an actual trident (Zeus's "pitchfork"). Windelov, commonly called 'Wavy' Java fern, the majority of the leaves are like "regular" Java fern, with the tops having little "fingers" (bunch of mini tridents tips if you will), giving it that 'wavy' appearance.

First pic, Windelov/wavy
Last two pics, Trident

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts