The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone - A lot of you might remember me from about this time last year when I offered LFBN pleco babies for sale. The parents went to a great home this summer, but they spawned shortly before they left and I've got this last brood of babies to find tanks for. They're averaging about 1 inch to 1.5 inches from nose to tip of tail. They were spawned/growing out in our hard Indiana well water, and are eating well on Ken's spirulina and veggie sticks.

This IS a RAOK thread, but I do need to ask for $16 USPS Priority shipping to cover shipping materials and actual postage cost (I can't use flat rate boxes due to size), and that you take a minimum of 10 plecos. I've got probably 50-70 to find homes for, so can accommodate a large "order", but may need to revise shipping if you want to take over 20. Paypal accepted (PM me for address). Shipping box will be lined with 1" foam insulation, bags will be doubled. I doubt a heat pack will be required, but will make that judgement call based on forecast for shipping/receiving zip code. Shipping on Monday or Tuesday of coming week.

I wish I could fulfill requests for fewer than 10, but it's just way too time consuming and expensive in terms of shipping materials for me to prepare and insulate so many boxes, use so many bags, etc. Plus, if you want a breeding pair/trio, you'll want to start out with at least 6. So maybe you have some friends to share with, hobby club members, or grow them out a bit more and trade at your LFS?

In my opinion, they are excellent for planted tanks given their appetite for various algae, and they will also clean up left-over foods that sink to the substrate. They will be great additions to a peaceful community tank, but if you have large and/or somewhat aggressive fish, you should either be prepared to grow these out in a separate tank until they're large enough to go into your main tank, or look for something already of larger size for your tank.

Here's a link to last year's thread for feedback: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/s...longfin-bristlenose-pleco-babies-shipped.html

Please let me know if you have questions. Am charging up my camera to try to get pictures later, but look at the above link to see a picture of the parents (also a thread within that link from the forums).

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
How big are the fries?...Pmed regardless.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answering PMs now.

The fry are about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch from tip of nose to tip of tail, but there are some larger. Generally though the minimum size is about an inch.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for the very quick interest. I believe I may have them all spoken for now. If there are any left, after I fulfill the ones committed to, then I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I PM yesterday, are you out? Please update. Thanks
My apologies - I posted yesterday that I believe they are all spoken for and that if any are left after the ones I committed to, I will let people know.

I will add that it's doubtful I'll have any left. SD760 is first in line for any remaining. But I won't know if there are any left until Monday after I get the ones spoken for out of the tank and can look if any are still hiding.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful interest - I cannot wait to get these grow-out tanks taken down and out of my living room! Have a great weekend!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts