The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is my 2.5g. Comments and critzism welcome.
Specs: 13w CFL, ADA Amazonia powder, paintball co2, HOB red sea nano filter.
Plants: Blyxa Japonica, java moss, moss ball, and riccia
inhabitants: 1 otto, some cherry shrimp

baby cherry after the tank was trimmed

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If only the seams aren't very visible, you could have made the thread as 'Radioman's 10g entry'. Tank looks amazing.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Missed listing a floater I think but just crazy how HUGE blyxa looks in there.:eek:
Cool looking tank. Is maintaining stable parameters a challenge on a tank this small?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never have a problem with the parameters. I just do one big water change at the end of the week. I forget what the floating plant is but I think it is a form of Salivinia. Also I hate the seems but didn't want a tank bigger than 2.5 right now or else I would have pulled out my ADA mini-m.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
hahaha "one big water change at the end of the week" like,,, 5 qts.

Never looked at these tiny boxes until this thread entered the contest.
Now I'm looking.

WoW! liquid dosed? could you provide info on how much actually gets done to maintain one of these mini ecco's? Anything different or just smaller on everything?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I follow the EI method and due to the size I dose in drops. It doesn't take much. For example it get 5 drops of Nitrogen every other day plus other macros and 7 drops of flourish every other day plus iron. This was all determined by the amount of drops that can go into the bottle top. Something like 135 I think.

I quit the hobby for my first two years of college and now am back with a nano just because it is easier to move around with and bring back home. I also have a .9g tank that I just started with no filter. Just a light, and 2 drops of excel +flourish.

Also You can do great things with DIY co2, as seen by some othe others trying to get this RAOK. This was my 36g bow front back in '08 (first planted tank). The picture was taken after I trimmed (mowed my blyxa). The co2 goes into a diy reactor made out of a gravel vac and a power head and forms a tornado of co2 bubbles to get great diffusion.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Beautiful growth! And that's with only a 13 watt CFL?

My only criticism is that it looks like mostly a straight line of blyxa and a straight line of riccia. Maybe consider removing some of the riccia and perhaps adding some more hardscape or another plant of some kind to make things more asymetrical and more interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.