The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free Marselia Minuta 2"x2" or larger square if you answer this right, free shipping too.

The original trivia was from trackhazard regarding the Kung Fu classic "The Five Deadly Venoms" here:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/45103-raok-java-moss.html

OK here's harder question for you all. Which of the 5 venoms also starred in "The Chinatown Kid" directed by Chang Cheh and starring the late Alexander Fu Sheng set in San Francisco's Chinatown.

BTW who remembers this movie? Wasn't it great.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
The Five Deadly Venoms
Philip Kwok ... Gecko/Lizard
Chien Sun ... Scorpion

The Chinatown Kid
Chien Sun ... Yang Ching-Wen
Philip Kwok ... White Dragon Boss

So, who's right? =P

edit: Seems as if Wikipedia says Philip Kwok wasn't in "The Five Deadly Venoms", but IMDB says he was. Interesting... :icon_eek:

·
Registered
974 Posts
?

He just named all the five venoms....except the correct one (as far as I can tell).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK maybe I should be a little more thorough.

The lizard was the White Dragon Boss in CTK.
The toad was the Green Dragon/Tiger Boss CTK.
The Scorpion was the college student in CTK.
The Student and Centipede were thugs and had small parts in CTK.

The only character from the 5 Venoms that was not in the CTK was the Snake.

When was the last time you saw the CTK?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I haven't, only TFDV. I just wanted to know the answer :) Thanks! I was thrown off thinking it was only one of them....

The Shaw brothers movie that sticks in my head is The Kid with the Golden Arm. My brothers and I saw that when we were little, that's ingrained in our heads as the prototypical kung fu movie. Gotta love the death scenes - profound statement, then wriggling on the ground for 5 seconds, then quite dead :icon_cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.