The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem, I will probably be moving this summer and since I have 5 tanks in my little apt. I need to get rid of some of my guppies to make it easier to move. I have around a dozen yellow snakeskin / cobra hybrids and a couple dozen blue/ HB blue hybrids. I could sell them on aquabid but I'd rather offer them to the wonderful ppl here for nothing more than the cost of shipping.
Another problem is I don't have breather bags to send them in. I have plenty of boxes and a few heat packs (but the heat packs only last for about 8hrs)
PM with your zip for a shipping quote.
Thanks for looking.

Here's some pics of the brightest cobra male so far. (some of them won't show their full colors for another month or two)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I would like to raise at least a pair of each of these, please. I will send you breather bags (5X) and heat pads (2X 24hour at least) if you like. Zip code is 92807.

Thanks!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JC! I'll probably have to do this again before I move. Darn Gups just keep spittin' 'em out. :) They're worse than Rabbits! But then again I knew that before I started keeping them. They're just so cute I can't bear to use them as food for other fish.

·
Registered
174 Posts
how long does it normally take for them to have babies? I have a few guppies and one has been huge for weeks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just as a curiosity... My shipping zip would be close enough to Neon's that you could give me the same quote and be safe. Please send at your earliest convenience.

Thanks very much.

- Mg

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guppies usually have babies every 4-6 weeks. This can be affected by stress, poor water quality and/ or aggressive mating advances. These gups are still a month or so away from mating age. It is usually recommended that you have a 2 female /1 male ratio to keep the males happy.
Pm me if you need more help with your gup CC. I'll try my best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts