The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my only tank at the moment. It is not the one that I will be using the co2 on. The one that I will be using the co2 on (if I win) is a Mr. Aqua's 12 gallon long, that will be scaped Iwagumi style.

Specs:

Filtration: Eheim 2213

Co2: Pressurized

Lighting: DIY fixture with 2 27 watt CFLs; each with a light output of 1850 lumens

Plants: HC, Anubius Petite, Bacopa Caroliniana and Crypt Wenditi.

Fish: 1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami and 8 Neon Tetras.

Now the pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Tank looks like a new setup but you have really nice moss growth on the hardscape.
So I'm guessing that was transferred in or I'm guessing wrong completely.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moss growth? I think that's algae... but I did have moss in there at one point. This tank has actually been set up for about a year now, but I've had really bad algae problems which stunted the plants but I'm finally starting to come out of it. That might be why it looks newer. I'm in need of more plants. Here is my WTB thread with all the plants I need. Again, this is NOT the tank that I'll be using the co2 on.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some sketches of ideas that I had for the Iwagumi scape. There sketchy ideas ;)
Here is the first one that I thought up. It's very basic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is supposed to Narrow/Neddle Leaf Java Fern growing out of the DW in the left corner.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Sewingalot will like it being algae LOL
The rough texture on the stones looked to be a tight film and I wasn't sure what you had going on.
My java moss will crawl on the rock bonding to it and I pull the veritcal growth off every so often causing it cover the rock more. Trimming java fern I've trained it to cover a fake alligator skull making it look half way good in the tank.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! I REALLY want to get some Weeping moss covering the DW. I think it would look really cool.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please don't be afraid to say anything. Even if it's a critic...

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. The front area is going to be carpeted with HC and the area behind the DW and the large rock will each be filled with two different stems

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, thanks I love him too. I'm really liking the fact that he is picking on the dead areas in my newly purchased HC, because he has to pick off all the BGA to get to it. He does not seem to interested in the healthy part, yet. Lets hope it stays that way.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is an update:
I did a small rescape. I removed the rock border and put the nice ones by the DW. Help me fill the empty spaces behind the DW and large rock here Vertebrate Organism Water Underwater Marine biology

Plant Green Pet supply Organism Terrestrial plant

Plant Green Pet supply Organism Terrestrial plant

Water Plant Green Botany Organism

I finally got a good picture of one of my neons

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.