Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Yes, It is a RAOK believe it or not :icon_mrgr

I got a hookup from a store manager at local petshop to get these guys for only $1.25 + tax each (compared to $2.99 + tax) and no limits! They are avg. sizes, I saw them. Perfect for shipping. Planning to get 10 for myself only. I can still get another 50-100 (whatever is in stock) up until the end of this month so I am just throwing this out there for whoever wants them. This is just MY deal that I want to share with everyone. I am not gaining anything from this. This is just a RAOK.

I will ship them the same day as I get them and planning to ship all in one day so I don't go back and forth to deal with packing and all that. That also make its less stressful on them.

Shipping: I will have 10 cardinals to each Kardon Breather Bag max. I have to ship in an insulated box so I can add up to about 3 bags per box max. (equivalent to 30 cardinals per box max.). As this is a RAOK, I am not responsible for any deaths to the fish, loss of the box, or its content. However, I will take the highest precaution in shipping them in this weather. I am shipping them out July 26th. Check your local forecast to see if its ok for you to receive them then.

PS: As a RAOK, I have tried to explain everything as clear as possible. If you have further concerns or questions, please PM me. I am doing all this just out of my own deal. I hate to see the $1.36 each (already taxed) Cardinal Tetras deal to only be used to purchase 10. And I also want to help out a local fish store. Those are only reasons why I did this RAOK in the first place.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Essentially that comes down to about $1.359 taxed + shipping each. Still quite a discount from the national avg. price (assuming) of $2.99 each. Some of my LFS sells them for $3.99 each and you can't get the $2.99 price unless you get 10 or more.

Anyways, up to those who think that it is worth it or not. Just throwing my discount out there who might need it : )

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That deal ended I believe close to a month ago.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The petsmarts around the glendora area bring them in every friday morning. I've been snatching them every friday. The employees in the 2 branches I went to told me the deal ends on the 24th of July.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts

Yes, It is a RAOK believe it or not :icon_mrgr

I got a hookup from a store manager at local petshop to get these guys for only $1.25 + tax each (compared to $2.99 + tax) and no limits! They are avg. sizes, I saw them. Perfect for shipping. Planning to get 10 for myself only. I can still get another 40/50 (whatever is in stock) up until the end of this month so I am just throwing this out there for whoever wants them.

I will ship them the same day as I get them and planning to ship all in one day so I don't go back and forth to deal with packing and all that.

Shipping is rate will depend on how many you get.

PM me if you are interested.
Essentially that comes down to about $1.359 taxed + shipping each. Still quite a discount from the national avg. price (assuming) of $2.99 each. Some of my LFS sells them for $3.99 each and you can't get the $2.99 price unless you get 10 or more.

Anyways, up to those who think that it is worth it or not. Just throwing my discount out there who might need it : )
What kinda RAOK is this? You'r charging for the fish and also shipping.. Why not change your title to Super cheap Cardinals for sale.
Where is Random Act of Kindness here!!

In CA, it might cost $2.99 but here in NYC it goes for the price of $1.20 no tax.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AJ,

First off...I am getting it for $1.25 + tax and offering it for the same price, how is that even considered selling? As for shipping, that is set for those who aren't local. So no need to change anything.

Secondly...EXACTLY what you said. Its a RAOK "Random Act of Kindness". I am kind enough to take my time out to buy more than what I need to ship to those who might have to deal with higher local prices. Good for you that at your place it is only $1.20 no tax, but not every place is like NYC.

Like I said at the top, I am just throwing this out there for those in need because their local prices are usually much higher. If you don't need it, you don't need to comment. And by the end of this RAOK of no one needs it I will just get my 10 at my $1.25 price, done deal. No need for this fuss or for you to stur up an argument here.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Yup, about $1.20 for Cardinals in New York.

All depends on where you are, still its a nice deal if your local stores are $2-$3 each.

Not really a R.A.O.K. though.

This is whats considered a group buy. I believe this is forbidden.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I am sure there are some kindness in what neoshrimp is trying to do. I can get cardinals for $1+ tax but I am not kind enough to go through the trouble of shipping them to anyone not residing in NY. There is an opportunity cost on his end. ;)

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, about $1.20 for Cardinals in New York.

All depends on where you are, still its a nice deal if your local stores are $2-$3 each.

Not really a R.A.O.K. though.

This is whats considered a group buy. I believe this is forbidden.
Gordon,

I doubt what I am offering is "forbidden". Group buys is where lots of people buying in for a better deal or bigger discounts. In this case, not at all.

If I just get one (1) Cardinal for myself, it is still $1.25 + tax, if I get 100, its the exact same thing. So I don't consider this a group buy at all because the shop is local, I can just get as many as I need until my offer expires so why would I need anyone to buy in with me for the deal? Just throwing MY deal out there to help those who would like them at this price.

Heck, since I am getting the hookup, I have to give the guy a hookup back later on somehow, so I am only one losing out on my end for getting too many instead of 10. More favors = more returns...so there you go! That is another reason why this is considered "RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS".

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/123091-policy-sellers.html

1) Threads that are an auction in any way, shape, or form are not allowed. If it is a sale, a set price must be given.
2) Threads that represent a pre-order are not allowed. All items must be available immediately.
3) All items for sale must be strictly aquarium related.
4) Group buys are a form of a pre-order and they are strictly forbidden.

Breaking rules 2 and 4 really.

No offense bro. I still stand by what I said before, no matter what its a good deal on the cardinals.

I would modify your thread though.
Mention the exact cost to ship a group of 1-10, 10-20.
Your methods (breather bag, insulation, coldpack?)

Its pretty much 90 degrees across the country. Fish can cook in a box without insulation in a couple hours time. Put a buyer beware statement IMO.

Not trying to burn you at all though fyi, just a head ups if an admin flags you.

-Gordon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thread [censored][censored][censored][censored]ting abounds. The only people who should be siting rules in public are the mods.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.