The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After I pulled my UG tank I ended up with a bunch of full 2x2" portions to sell, but the vast majority was scraps of various sizes, mostly in 1" strips. I'll be portioning these up into hodge-podged 2x2 equivalents for RAOK, since they're just not as thick as my full portions.

1 2x2 UG RAOK portion, 6$ shipped via small flat rate. Excellent starter portion for nano tanks, or if you just want to try it in a corner of a larger tank.

I have 8 more portions left, please PM me if you would like more than 1 portion.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PMs replied. I'm heading to bed in a second, so if everyone could do me a favor and also leave a note here as well as PMing me? It helps me keep track of things a little easier.

Additional warnings: UG is considered a 'high tech' plant when submersed, it requires moderate to high light and high co2. I'm providing these portions as a sort of test run for people who would like to try it out, but please keep these conditions in mind.

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Great RAOK! : )
PM sent.

·
Banned
934 Posts
Hah, good luck everyone on figuring out which way is up with UG I could not stand trying to plant this stuff. It really does look awesome however the shear frustration of trying to plant UG made me give up on it all together after it melted the first time when trying to the dry start method.

Very generous of you though Dollface as im sure someone would have bought this for more then just shipping.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hah, good luck everyone on figuring out which way is up with UG I could not stand trying to plant this stuff. It really does look awesome however the shear frustration of trying to plant UG made me give up on it all together after it melted the first time when trying to the dry start method.

Very generous of you though Dollface as im sure someone would have bought this for more then just shipping.
FWIW the way I plant is is that I flip whatever patch I'm working with over, grab a small chunk of roots with tweezers, and then plant it. I'll actually be taking some photos of this process when I replant my tank since I get asked about it a lot. This way is so much easier than trying to separate little clumps by hand like I did the first time I planted. Never again.

I have 8 more portions left, limit two portions per person, please (pm for pricing).

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't heard back from some people so I have 9 portions available.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, 4pm is the cut off time I need to receive payment by to ship today. I can also ship tomorrow within CA, but otherwise shipping will be done next monday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts