The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all,

I'm moving out within a month and am headed cross-country shortly thereafter. I have a tank that I, unfortunately, ended up neglecting due to a variety of factors, the pandemic not least among them. It doesn't have any livestock save for a few small snails I never sought out, so all that really means is that the plants are overgrown and some aren't in excellent condition. I need to get rid of those plants, and I'd rather pass them along to another hobbyist than dispose of them.

I think the best way to RAOK them is by separating this into several threads. All but the sußwassertang will have multiple winners, how many tbd based on how much I can fit in each box.

There will likely be snails. You are responsible for de-snailing if that's what you want to do. I do not believe there are any algae but I cannot guarantee there's none.

Numbered lists always get messed up in my experience so comment whatever you like and I'll number the comments and use a random number generator to pick the winners.

Only comment once per giveaway that you care to enter. I will not count repeat comments. You pay $8 for a small flat rate box. If you manage to win multiple giveaways, I will send the plants in either multiple small flat-rate boxes or in a medium flat-rate box. Same cost, $15. USA ONLY

Other conditions:

All listed giveaways end at midnight PST (3 AM EST), July 22. Responses left after then will not be counted. I will extend to date tbd if I don't have at least 5 responses (I think that's got to be the max number of packages I could possibly split up for any one giveaway).

As I mentioned, I will number the responses in the order they're received and use a random number generator to pick winners. Again, I will not count repeat commenters. Please only comment once per giveaway.

I will remind you of what you've won and of the shipping cost, collect your address, and give you my PayPal link via PM. If you don't respond and pay within three days, I will choose another winner. I will send you a tracking number once I ship assuming I am given one when I go to the post office (I can't print a label at home). USA ONLY.

I expect you know the laws for your state, and I will look to ensure I don't ship plants anywhere doing so is prohibited. I will do my best to take weather conditions into account and ship at a time that will not put the plants at risk. I cannot replace plants damaged or lost by USPS, stolen, or plants that arrive DOA due to shipping delays and/or weather conditions (again, I will look at forecasts, but that's the most I can do).

If the package arrives on time (ie within 3 days after shipped) and everything is melted and unsalvageable provable by a picture you send me within 4 hours after the package is dropped off (should be confirmable via tracking), I'll refund the shipping cost.

Once more: You can enter each giveaway once. See all below.

Cryptocoryne wendtii var. "red"
Anubias barteri var. "nana"
Water wisteria (Hygrophila difformis)
Süßwassertang (Lomariopsis sp.) (one winner) (you're here)

·
Registered
15 guppies, 2 mystery snail, 1 nerite snail, & assorted plants in a 10G tank!
132 Posts
Would love this plant for my 5G betta tank!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm in. Thanks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This giveaway did not get 5 responses but I'm not going to extend it since there's only one winner for this one. If I somehow get through everyone who did enter because nobody responds or pays, then I'll do that, haha. See below for the rest...

Giveaway closed; I'm portioning plants out and will contact the winners within the next day. I'll post an explanation if I can't do that for whatever reason. However, I will have to re-pick any winners who don't get back to me within three days from when I message them, as stated. I'll make sure plants are in the condition I intended before sending them out. I'll tell winners when I ship and supply them with a tracking number if I get one. I will also check to make sure any unclaimed plants are still in good condition before selecting new winners. To make sure nobody has to sit around wondering whether they won or could still win, I will post again to say when all the plants are claimed. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts