The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I hate Verizon they where good but they went on my crap list real fast today. Let me tell you the long story. Nov. of 2005 we had our cell phones stolen short after we bought them in Oct. of 2005 from Verizon Wireless. Well we did not but the 100% cover plan back then for the phones as in free replacement if stolen thing. So we had to get 2 new phones and pay for 4 lines but 2 of the lines where not being used and shut off. So I payed $20 a year for 1 year and called verizon one day and asked when I could get the 2 phones # that I have never used taken off my account. The person said no problem we can take care of that for you but then I get December bill and there is $400 of early termination fees on there for the 2 phone # that they canceled. So I gave them a call back and told them about the whole deal saying if I knew I would I would get charged $400 I will just pay the next year at $20 a month and it would be cheaper than the early termination fees. So they said no problem we will give you a follow up call on Tuesday which came and gone. So I gave them a call today and they said the 2 phone # have already been given out to another person and now they need to issues me 2 new # so I was like who cares I don't use them 2 phone lines anyways. But then they said also you need $125 on each line for a deposit since they are new lines? What the hell!!! I yelled foul on the play and get me a supervisor ASAP. Then that supervisor would not budge he said that they called the house in there notes and talked to me and said I was told and clearly understood that there was going to be early termination fees. I told the supervisor to suck it and walked into US Cellular and bought 2 new phones and no deposit. I am so pissed right now at verizon I was about to find the nearest store and throw my cell at it. Oh I was on fire and did I say they kept me on the cell phone for 1 1/2 hours!!! :angryfire

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The thing I like about being where I am in the country is that I have the ATT T-mobile and Verizon HQ with in 15min drive. So when ever I had problems with any of my accounts and they would be idiots I would ask them if it would be better for me to come over to the home office and have this resolved. This freaks Phone CS people out cause they tend to feel brave sitting behind their phones and forget that they are pissing someone off with thier games.

As to your case I would threaten to take this to the BBB and the attorney general. Advise them you will not be paying their bill and that you would be happy to see them in court and see how they can explain their shadey buisness practice to the judge.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That sucks I stay away from plans I got screwed with sprint and t-mobile plans so i just stick with a pre-paid t-mobile phone Just For emergencies. The thing i don't understand is why they still charge people every month even though you don't have service on your phone.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Before eveyone gets too down on Verizon, my wife and I have Verizon phones and plan and have had them almost two years with no complaints or problems at all. When the time comes to renew the contract we may even stay with them.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Different provider but throwing several tantrums in a few stores resulted in discussions with the retention department and a better business bureau complaint lodged resulted in me getting a lifetime 40% discount and several services free. Sometimes you get so pissed you make it personal.....DC

·
Registered
8 Posts
I agree with the above statement. Don't take the treatment lightly. Use the BBB and any other local consumer advocate as they can be a very powerful resource. The competition is fierce enough that they can not afford too many complaints. FWIW...I have had a Verizon account since they were Airtouch and people carried those silly bricks around. Never had any complaints. Maybe I just got lucky.

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Different provider but throwing several tantrums in a few stores resulted in discussions with the retention department and a better business bureau complaint lodged resulted in me getting a lifetime 40% discount and several services free. Sometimes you get so pissed you make it personal.....DC
I am one step ahead there DiableCaine just file the other day with Better Business Bureau.

I never had a problem with Verizon for over a year but then they came out of nowhere and said oh sure and hit me with HUGE fees then acted like I have $400 just laying around to blow on something stupid.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
I am one step ahead there DiableCaine just file the other day with Better Business Bureau.

I never had a problem with Verizon for over a year but then they came out of nowhere and said oh sure and hit me with HUGE fees then acted like I have $400 just laying around to blow on something stupid.

When the provider rep calls you responding to the BBB complaint just keep saying "What else can you do for me?" Make sure you take good notes with dates/times. When the provider responds to the BBB they will list everything they are giving you, when the BBB contacts you compare it with your notes. Good Luck!....DC

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I'm with DC, give them hell, I am an ornery old fart so I can do it and be proud of it, the world is full of stupid people like that loaded with sale's pitch's so that is what has made me that way... Corporate american BS, stand you're ground and stand hard.
I have both Verizon and Nextel/Sprint, long story.
I hate Verizon, but really like my Nextel PTT.

$400? thats a nice new MH light for the tank, tell them to jump off a bridge.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Before eveyone gets too down on Verizon, my wife and I have Verizon phones and plan and have had them almost two years with no complaints or problems at all. When the time comes to renew the contract we may even stay with them.
I too have been with verizon, am always amazed at the level of service I get when I have to actually call them.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
WSP is so funny!

Like Wö£fëñxXx I also have Nextel and cannot wait to get rid of it. My contract has been up for a while, but since my job pays my mobile bills I stuck it out. Now that my boss has seen the new iphone we are all jumping ship....most likely to Verizon as they have the best service in our area!

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts