The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow planted tankers!
I have been given a few plants and have pulled some out of my pond and just put them in my tank they seem to be growing well i have had them for 3 weeks. I am wondering what the flippin hell they are :icon_ques

Anyone that could identify these plants for me please would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys,

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
The first one might be water cress? I use water cress in my koi pond, loves moving water. It can get out of hand if you let it but really good at sucking up excess nitrates. My fish like tear it up and spawn in it.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first one might be water cress? I use water cress in my koi pond, loves moving water. It can get out of hand if you let it but really good at sucking up excess nitrates. My fish like tear it up and spawn in it.
Thanks for your reply! I think it may be watter cres just searched it up on google and it looks much like it even down the the odd purple/brown stem that sometimes appears. You should see it in my pond pretty much the whole top pond wich is used for frogs is completely covered in it :fish1: thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts