The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the title is a bit deceptive here because I'm pretty confident that melting isn't random at all but I thought I'd share maybe as a little PSA! So for the past 2 months I've been working this upcoming election and that pretty much means a 9 hours a day, 7 days a week work schedule. Needless to say I haven't had as much time as I would like to take care of my tanks. I walked up to my 29g yesterday morning before I headed off to work and noticed that the crypts on one side of my tank had almost completely melted away. At first I was a bit confused but it dawned on me a bit later that this is most likely due to the fact that I haven't had the opportunity to clear out the duckweed from the top of the tank in a while and the absence of light for a slightly prolonged period of time might have caused some melting. The duckweed usually pools around the right side of the tank before covering the left side and that is exactly where the melting is happening. Cleared out the duckweed yesterday and checked again this morning and the melting is still slowly creeping leftward in the tank with some slight melting showing up on the next rightmost crypt. Will be keeping an eye on this and will do a water change (its a few days overdue, try to do it every Sunday but haven't gotten to it yet!) when I got home from work tonight.

All of this is to say, don't be like me and forget about your tanks! Also, I noticed a random cory laying on its back which hopefully is unrelated otherwise I got this all wrong and there is something more seriously wrong here :surprise:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts