The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :)
I've got googly eyes for both the Threadfin and Furcata/Forktail Blue eye rainbows.

I was wondering, before I take any plunge, if anyone has experience with either of these guys and what their dispositions are like?

I have a 125g w/ two small schools of diamond tetras and serpae tetras, a trio of roselines and will be adding a school of emperor tetras, cories, and hopefully whichever rainbow would blend in most with the activity level and personalities.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Threadfins are gorgeous. I would expect your serpaes to nip their fins the moment they join in your tank.
See, that's what I was thinking too. I didn't want to make a move before confirming. OH WELL, must set up another tank then, SHOOT. ;)

danepatrick -- thanks. It sounds like I'll go w/ these guys after all. I just wanted to make sure they would be "gutsy" enough to tolerate my more active Diamond tetras who are constantly on the move. There's a lot to do in the tank because it's heavily planted, but I don't want anyone to freak out and go into hiding.

Mistergreen -- nice link, thanks.

:icon_smil

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tommy, thank you! I will definitely have a higher ratio of females to males. That's something I try for with all of my fish anyways :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts