The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well, you're interested, so there's some interest. Are you looking at them purely to breed and sell?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm the one who has some Rainbow shrimp available in the swap section. I have had these shrimp for two years now and they breed like rabbits LOL. They are also very hardy and active. More active than the cherry shrimp.
I have sold tons of these and have no problem doing so.
I think they are very interesting as they are almost like a mood ring where they change colors depending on their mood. I have seen mine yellowish,Orangey,Pinkish,Tan,Light Green and clear.
If interested or have more questions please feel free to PM me :icon_smil

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dreamspirit-I think i sent you a question abou them on an aution site the other day? Glad you are breeding them sucessfully-because soon I will have saved enuogh to buy some. Glad to hear they are C. Babaulti, I could then tecnically keep them with cherry shrimp if i decided to make a non 100% breeding tank for decoration and to see they contrast with the reds.Oooo that would be pretty. Are they best kept in species only sitiuation, or can they get along with a Neocaridina Heteropoda and not eat her babies?

*saves up money for rainbow shrimp(the C.Babaulti kind)*

they can be kept/breed in a more alkaline situation?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have hard water but like i said, they are pretty hardy and i think they would adapt to any type of freshwater. I keep mine in seperate tanks. As far as the Red Cherry shrimp, they are fine with them and won't eat the babies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts